Monday, December 3, 2012

Scannabar System


Shrinkage is the gentle word that we use instead of saying loss or theft.  In the bar business, shrinkage is about 25%.  Losing one quarter of my income over the bar could force me to lose my business.  (Scannabar, 2012)
By using an inventory control system, like Scannabar, I can keep my employees honest and protect my profits. 

Scannabar can track and monitor every bottle of liquor, beer and wine from the door until its empty.  By using an inventory control system, I will keep accurate records of my profit center.  Using inventory control also gives the perception to the staff that I have every detail under control.

Each bottle is barcoded when it comes into the facility.  When it is opened at the bar it is scanned again.  During the inventory process, all the open bottles can be measured and scanned.  When the bottle is empty it is scanned one last time and the system will tell me how much money that bottle made. 

I can integrate the Scannabar system into my Point Of Sale system.  By doing that I can control my inventory, track my sales dollars, and manage my business more efficiently. 

Any new business needs to be managed.  A new business that depends on employees is especially vulnerable, so computer systems that help me control my business expenses are invaluable. 

Reference: 
Scannabar. (2012). Scannabar hospitality management solutions. Retrieved from http://en.scannabar.com/
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment